Thursday, May 7, 2009

A trip to Enger tower

Tonight was particularly productive. Mike and I both got home from work early, so supper was done by 6:00. Then it was off to a garage sale, where we found EXACTLY what we were looking for: a hutch and sideboard for the dining room, in good shape, for under 50 bucks. Score. After that, we went to Enger Tower (see pics), where Julia pretended to be a princess. She has been watching this Rapunzel Barbie movie lately, so I think that's where she decided that princesses live in cold drafty towers. :)
We also made it to Menard's, where we bought new hardware and white paint for the hutch. We found everything on Papa's "Menard's list," the list he builds on over months... We found everything from a new curtain pull, to sand for the sandbox, to a new garbage can, to a new cord for the vaccuum that Julia decided to rip to shreds.
After Menard's, it was a trip to the DQ. Julia and papa shared a blizzard. I made an amazing discovery: the marshmallow sundae. Being conservative ol' me, I *always* get the small strawberry sundae. I always have. Well, they were having a sale on Sundaes, and I wanted to get Mike a funny thing because he gave me his usual, "I don't care" response. So, I bought him a Marshmallow Sundae. Who would order a marshmallow sundae when they could get hot fudge or carmel or STRAWBERRY??!? I kind of lump it in the same category as the Nerd Blizzard. Why would you do that? When it came, I tasted it for fun. It didn't even look like anything was on top of the ice cream.

.....

Holy Hannah. it was delicious! I felt immediate pangs of guilt. How could I abandon my tried and true Strawberry Sundae for some indulgent imposter? It was sitting right in front of me, clueless about my new-found guilty passion for sticky marshmallow sauce. I still don't know what to do about this. I think I will have to avoid the DQ for awhile. You see, I will automatically order the strawbery sundae as usual...but next time, I will know that I actually want something else.....something forbidden and gooey...something a five-year-old would want. Not a mom. Moms don't order marshmallow sundaes.....

Or do they?
























No comments: