Saturday, September 12, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

The Sprengeler clan spent Labor Day weekend at the Lake in Deer River with Grandma Beth and Grandpa Dick. We also had the joy of hanging out with auntie Annie and SOON TO BE UNCLE MARK!!!

Yupper, my baby sister, my favorite sister, my only sister, is officially engaged! She somehow found a wonderful guy in her organic chemistry class last fall and they clicked. Let's just say there are eerily similiar characteristics between "Mark" and my "Mike." First of all, their names. Secondly, they are both the same build: Six foot or so, and about a hundred and fifty five pounds. And they can both eat more calories in one sitting than Annie can. Yup, I know...amazing. They both have moms who work at their respective Lutheran churches. Mark knows how to sew. They both like science...Mark is taking analytical chem right now, and Mike wishes he was. Mark wants to be a PA. Mike is a PharmD. Healthcare careers, nerdiness, skinniness....whoa.
I remember meeting Mark in my kitchen one day.....He was standing with his back to me and I didn't know he and Annie were at our house yet. I completely mistook him for Mike...(He had a sweatshirt on from JC penney that could also be found in Mike's closet...) I handed him a knife, and said, "honey, could you cut up this green pepper for me?" He took it and began working straight away. I came in the kitchen a few minutes later to a nicely diced pepper and a look of shock when I realized it was NOT my husband who was standing there. It was then I knew that Annie would marry him. She and I are similiar beings...and he would be a perfect match.

Anyways, we spent Labor Day Weekend with the newlyengageds, had some dinner with DAn and LIndsay, the newlyweds, and went sailing, swimming (after Annie and I jumped ship and left the guys on the sailboat...), hiking, and even NAPPING. Yes...it was a blast. And a nice time to see the fam. Unfortunatly, I forgot my camera. I wished I would have brought it. I could have gotten some hilarious pictures the night I gave my lightweight parents a drink of Bailey's, Brandy, and chocolate ice cream. We put the electric piano on "demo" mode and danced the night away over a game of pool. Ahhh...it was fantastic. Dangit...I WISH I would have had the camera. My mom invented a new pool game, amongst other things. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Mike and Mark are very much alike. I can't get more than a few words out of either. However, you and Annie will make up for that. :)
Lindsay