Monday, February 4, 2008

Slave Labor

Today I was home and I tried to give Julia a taste of what it's like to be in the real world. She did a few chores around the home while I exercised my rights as a parent.


First, it was up at 5AM with some laps around the house. This was to get her warmed up for what was to come. We started the day out with her reading ME a story. I selected Curious George Goes to the Zoo.


Perhaps I should have invested in rubber gloves to fit Julia's hands before I made her strip the wax off of the kitchen floor..... nah...she can just wear Mike's...
In this next photo, Julia eats her ration of the day, a slice of raw white onion. She was pretty hungry after her morning's work.
Here, Julia is slaving away in the kitchen. I was having a martini in the background while cracking the whip. Ahhh...almost time for my nap.
All right....now it's time for me to go to bed. It was a lot of work watching Julia slave away today. I need to get ready for tomorrow when she changes the transmission fluid in the van and gives the cat a bath.....

...good night.

5 comments:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Is she available for hire? She's worth more in work than all 3 of ours put together! :0)

Dave, Miriam, Josiah, Aria, and Thaddeus said...

Wow, Mom! You were sure cracking the whip! Was it a messy day?? She sure changed clothes quite a bit!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Can I have a Martini too?

Michael said...

I'm calling Social Services.

Anonymous said...

I'm the mandated reporter...wait...so are you...