Friday, August 1, 2008

Doorknobs!

Yesterday was a milestone for Julia. We knew this one was coming, but were reveling in the fact that it hadn't occurred yet.

She figured out how to open her bedroom door.

Gone are the blissful mornings where we lie in bed, hearing her in her room reading stories to herself because she is locked in her little prison... Instead, I awoke yesterday to a toddler sticking her finger in one of my nose holes saying, "find a booger?" which was shortly followed by "GET UP, MAMA!"

"Mike....did you let her out this morning?"
"No, did you?"
...
"oh crap."

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Now we just have to wait for the days where she doesn't want to get up in the morning until 11AM and WE can roust HER out of bed. Ha ha ha...payback.

1 comment:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

she and gabie are just two peas in a pod aren't they - she woke me up yesterday by picking my nose - lovely! I like your idea of payback though - I'll have to remember that next time they are wanting to sleep in (like in 10 years....)