Thursday, November 6, 2008

Feeding the baby

Today, I realized that my Julia is growing up. For the last year or so, she has acknowledged her dolly's existence, noticed when she is absent, and sometimes carried her around for a few minutes. That's about it. The dolly never had clothes on and it didn't really have a name. Today, Julia's baby had a much more exciting time. She was rocked, dressed, and even shared some of Julia's Raisin Bran! Julia has started to talk to her dolly like we talk to Mary. I'm not sure what prompted this...both Mary and the doll have been around for awhile... I guess Julia must think that that's what we do around here: take care of babies. Sometimes, I think that's all we do around here. (I had the chance to go to Target tonight and it was like a little vacation, eventhough I had one child with me and all I needed to do was buy vitamins and paper towels.)

No comments: