Monday, December 15, 2008

A Sunday at Home

Yesterday was just great. We had a nice Minnesota blizzard, complete with about a foot of new snow and lots of wind and drifting. Mike got to rev up the snowblower and I reved up the oven all day to keep our house warm. (The people who built our house in 1928 forgot about insulation). Needless to say, we didn't go anywhere after church.

While Mike was snowblowing and I was baking something, Miss Julia took the liberty of finding herself some new toys. She has started to play with dolls by herself. It's usually two naked barbies (she disrobes them immediately....she doesn't have the taste for dressed barbies just yet) . Sunday afternoon, however, I found her playing with some ceramic angels I have collected as gifts..... (see above picture), along with Mary, from the ceramic nativity scene that I have foolishly placed at eye level of a toddler.

Welll....you probably know what's coming.... A few minutes after I took this picture, I heard a suspicious "crunch." Then, the scurry of feet running out of the dining room. I inspected the site of the crime, and this is what I saw:
If you can't read the sign that the angel on the left is holding, it says, "Find Happiness in All that You Do." Next to her is another angel who has been beheaded. The angel on the left has a suspicious sly smile on her face....

Perhaps Angel #1 decided she wanted the nick-nack shelf all for herself?

She is my number one suspect in the murder case.
I guess I need to include the Toddler as number two.
Hmmm...whoodunnit?
....I think we all know the truth...

No comments: