Monday, May 31, 2010

New Camera!

Hey friends!

We finally broke down and did it: we bought a new camera. I just about chucked the old one out the window on the day of Annie's wedding...I put brand new batteries in it, took TWELVE pictures. Yes, twelve. And then it died. Of course, by the time it died, we were at the church already, so I missed a LOT of good photo opportunities. (Although I must admit, I probably wouldn't have taken very many because I was busy wrangling three kiddos all day, two of them in white dresses.)

So, I went online and bought a Canon Rebel. It's a digital SLR camera. Don't ask me what that means. I wanted a camera that took a picture the instant you pressed the button. I hated waiting for our old camera to think for a second or two before it actually took the picture. By the time the camera would click, the Kodak moment was gone. Well, our new camera takes pictures the instant you press the button. Yay!

I guess it has a LOT more to it than that. I am now a student of photography, I guess. Mike is, too. We are having fun thinking about physics and how it relates to shutter speed, aperture size, and light. Wheee!

I also think that turning my husband into a photography nerd will help us take more pictures and post them up here. We need to do that since we are moving to Ann Arbor in ten days. Let the chaos begin!

No comments: