Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Haircut!

Last weekend, while we were in church, some well-meaning lady came over to us and said, "what a beautiful family you have!!! Three daughters! They are beautiful. And you must have so much pink at home!"

"Thank you. We do have a lot of pink at home. But our youngest is a boy."

"Oh! Sorry, I assumed he was a girl with all of that beautiful blonde hair."

....

It's time. From the minute I first saw Luke when they held him up over the sterile blue drape during my c-section, I have loved his hair. I never thought I'd have a blue-eyed blonde kiddo. Julia and Mary had hair at birth, but they got dark mohawk-style hair that started to look like male-pattern baldness by three months and were completely bald by six months. Luke's mop just grew to epic proportions, kind of like the rest of him. So his Mama just didn't want to cut his hair. I won't let Mike grow his over his ears, but I had a beautiful son with.....I hate to admit it....but.........a Mullet. Long and flowing in the back. And only in the back. And after that comment, I knew it was time. And just yesterday, a coupon from Great Clips arrived. So today's mission was set in stone. Operation Haircut commenced.

Before the 'do. Isn't he just so cute? Mullet and all?


Profile view.

Mullet Baby to the REscue!


Our stylist said that six months is the youngest client she's ever had. Her co-workers agreed. Luke is now the reigning champion in the category of "Youngest Baby to Need a Haircut" at the Ypsilanti Great Clips.



Here is Handsome, trying to snack on his apron. Mmmmm.....hairs


By the end, he was getting a little impatient. Luckily, Mama had a tootsie roll in her purse to share.


Finished product! Isn't he so handsome!!!!

2 comments:

Dave, Miriam, Josiah, Aria, and Thaddeus said...

Welcome back to blogworld! Oh, how I've missed posts from the Sprengelers! Luke is so darling, and his hair is just amazing! Hope all is well in MI!

Lindsay said...

I love his hair cut!! We miss you guys!