Thursday, May 3, 2007

Graduation!

Hi All-

This Friday is the day! Medical School graduation. It's hard to believe that I will actually be graduating. (I don't mean that they were considering flunking me or anything....that came out wrong.) What I mean is that it seems like I've been in school for my entire life (no kidding...I have), and it's been my goal to be a physician as long as I can remember. I just kept going and going to school, knowing that it would end someday, but I never considered that day would really come! Being in school forever was an OK thing: if a patient was mad, it wasn't my fault, I was just that med student. If a patient came back sicker than before, I could get my attending doc and run to the break room for more coffee while she fixed the patient. Now that I am done with the "school" part of things, I have to be honest and say I'm a little intimidated. With the privileges come responsibility...but I can honestly say that I'm pretty excited to get the MD added to my name. No more Med Student Sarah...it will now be Dr. Sarah. True, I still have three years of residency before I get to have my own practice, but at least I can see a patient on my own and write a prescription without asking somebody with an MD to sign it....

Needless to say, there won't be any pictures of Julia posted until the weekend because our clan will be down in "da cities" celebrating and attending graduation. We will take lots of pictures and slap them up to the blog as soon as we get home. :)

Sarah, Michael, and Julia

PS: Just to clarify: in our last blog, several people have asked me about how Julia got into the fish tank, why she didn't drown, and how I turned out to be such a terriffically negligent parent. Well, FYI.....Julia did not actually go into the fish tank/pond thing....she likes to stand up NEXT to it and SPLASH. When I said she was in the tank, I didn't mean that she was into diving. WE'll leave that for the 2nd birthday.....

1 comment:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Yay for you! We have cards/stuff for you guys between congrats on med school and julia's birthday - but I'm lazy and waiting till you come, just don't let me forget to give it to you - my brain might be not as functioning as normal. We're still counting down the days and waiting...anytime now :0)