Thursday, May 24, 2007

Where did May go?

I looked at the calendar this morning...it's May 24th! It seems like yesterday when the little girl next door was dropping off a May basket for us. May is one of those "busy weekend months" for us. It feels like the weeks preceding Christmas where there are concerts and family gatherings and parties on every weekend. You know what I mean? This also means that I have less than a month left of my glorious time off before I start residency.

Today's project: find daycare. Last week I was dismayed to find out that the daycare which we signed up for last NOVEMBER won't be able to take Julia. Our neighbor lady whom Julia loves is the director there, so we figured she would be among friends. Now what? Well, I have been calling several places....some home daycares, some daycare centers, and there are several openings out there. We are touring a few places today and will be visiting some more next week. At least Julia doesn't have to go until August when Annie moves out. She will be fifteen months old...which is a pretty good age to start meeting other kids.

Annie had her interview for a nursing position in Brainerd today. Hope she gets the job as she wants to move up there.

No comments: