Sunday, October 14, 2007

A saturday!

Yesterday was a great day. Julia and I spent the morning at Hartley Nature Center, where we went a bit "off the beaten path" and did some hiking. We also did a tiny bit of swimming, but I was too ashamed to take pictures of my daughter wading in the lake in October. Let's just say a great time was had by all. After that, it was home for a nap and then our ceremonial monthly $100 trip to Target. All in all a good day. It was so good, in fact, that we decided to have supper at McDonald's. I kid you not: Julia ate one and one half double cheeseburgers. Whoa.

While we were out walking, Julia decided she wanted to study soils. Although you may think she did, she did not fall down, she laid down on purpose and played in the dirt/soil. She also examined the grade of the gravel and threw some rocks off the path that were obviously "not acceptable."
Here, my nature guide explains why the moss grows on the north side of tress.... She also recommended that I find myself a walking stick.

Ahhh...the monthly trip to target. Julia rode on Daddy's shoulders because the cart was too full to carry her. This time it was diapers, Halloween candy, cleaning supplies, and groceries. I wish we had a super target...then I could save a trip to the grocery store.

Notice the static electricity around J's head.....

No comments: