Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend trip!

A weekend away! This past weekend, I attended a dermatology conference in Brainerd. Julia came with and daddy stayed home to work on a project. I met up with Grandma Beth and Auntie Annie and we spent the weekend in a cabin. There was also a pool with a waterslide. There wasn't a lifeguard on duty, so Julia and I went down the slide over and over again. I had to chase her up the stairs because she would actually get on the slide and attempt to slide away without me if she could. One time, I caught her in the nick of time. She was sitting at the top and pushing off.....I can just see it now: "Eighteen month old child flies off of waterslide and lands in hot tub. Mother is incarcerated for negligent parenting...." Needless to say, there were no pictures taken. We were there for 2 1/2 hours and looked like prunes when we left the pool.

In the cabin, Julia and I got the upstairs area and there were these two tiny little closets that Julia LOVED. The doors were barely three feet high. I didn't know they made tiny little doors. Julia made us knock before we could come into her little baby lair. I wish we had these at our house!
Julia slept on a mattress on the floor. She liked her huge bed.
This is what Daddy does when the ladies are away. He built a "train station" out of Julia's blocks. I think we need to get Daddy some legos.... By the way, the train station lasted eight seconds after I snapped this picture. A little monster came and tore it to shreds....

No comments: