Thursday, December 6, 2007

Jesus!

A funny thing happened today. We were decorating our tree for Christmas and Julia helped us. It was a fun time...she loved helping and got very excited. She does this thing now where she'll just start dancing around for no reason, even when there's no music playing. It's really cute!

Anyways, we went over to a friend's house earlier this evening and Julia, who was sitting on my lap, began pointing at a Santa Claus doll on the top of a bookshelf. She got really excited and jumped up and down (right on my bladder, mind you)....I could tell she wanted to say something and just couldn't get it out. Finally, the words came to her: "JESUS, JESUS, JESUS!!!" She shrieked.... It was true. My daughter was pointing at a Santa Claus and thought HE was Jesus. Our friends got a good laugh. This one is going down in the books. I guess she is a wise girl. Jesus was also a Jolly Man who brought good tidings to the earth. However, when he comes back to earth, I don't think it will be in a sleigh......
Julia puts ornaments on the tree. She noticed that there were popcorn and cranberry strings on the tree, too. So, being the brilliant little girl that she is, she decided to take the popcorn we were eating and throw big handfulls of that on the tree, too. I guess I couldn't blame her. It looked pretty cool when she was done!

No comments: