Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Merry Christmas, everyone! From the three Sprengelers of Duluth, we pray that you had a great Christmas and continue to celebrate in the weeks to come. I always love how some radio stations play Christmas music all December long. I also experience a big let down on Dec 26th, because those same radio stations decide to go back to the everyday music at midnight. I jumped in my car this morning expecting some Nat King Cole or something...and instead I was innundated with Queen. Oh well.

Here are a few Christmas pictures to share.

As any toddler would, Julia loved presents. Her favorite part was ripping the bow off and shredding it into little bits. Thanks to everyone who sent or gave us gifts. Sorry we had to miss the big Riesgraf gathering, but my being on call necessiated our staying home. Thank God I had just enough time to leave the hospital and go to Christmas church, eat the nummy dinner Mike made us, and open gifts with Julia. (I got paged back to the hospital about two seconds after we put her to bed.) Amazing how that stuff works out.)
Julia loved her new Noah's Ark toy. She takes pride in feeding all the animals. After dinner, she helped herself to some leftovers and was found to be "feeding....num num" to a pair of little plastic monkeys....

We love Christmas!
the Christmas dress. Julia did the classic "little girl thing" on Christmas Eve....lift up her dress and show her panties and diaper to everybody. I guess it's fun to do that. If I had a big poofy dress like hers, I"d be tempted to flail it all around, too.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Kind of a bummer that being on call keeps you so far from family and friends, but... Make your Christmas merry wherever you are, eh? Don't know if you got my text message, but there's a little New Year's shindig at Jen and my new house (yep!) in Hopkins. I know, it's a bit of a haul, but you're more than welcome.

Regardless, I'll have to send you the new address.

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

She looks so grown-up. Gosh I miss you guys! I will mail your gifts, I'm sorry we couldn't get together, but it worked because we had not slept at all the night before so I took a nice long nap that afternoon. I hope you did too! We are in New York (it's going too well! :0( Love and miss you ~spork