Monday, March 3, 2008

C-can't type...too cold...*thud*

That last sound was the sound of my cold frozen body hitting the floor as I attempt to type a blog entry. They say the high temperature has been around 24 degrees or so for the last week, but I just have a hard time believing that. Sure, it's so sunny outside you'd think it was June, but the yard is one gigantic glacier. Frozen solid - no joke. Complete with frozen dog-logs. And when I heard it was supposed to be colder still this coming weekend? Almost laughed for joy. Oh wait..no, I didn't.

On the plus side, right now I am literally gobbling down the most delicious fruit salsa Sarah has never made.

We did manage to find ourselves a new camera online (to replace the stolen one that is probably in some dumpster on Grand Cayman) for a screaming good deal. No sign of it yet, but we'll keep you all posted. J is being her usual cute self. The latest: she responds to her own questions, usually allowing herself to do things that she's hoping to do. Example: "Watch a show? Watch a show? Okay!" Example: "Want some candy? Want some candy? Okay!" Here's hoping she outgrows that one real soon.

No other news, really. Found out I got hired at St Luke's Hospital last week (yay!), then promptly went out and got the stomach flu. I'll spare you all the details. Sarah is on medicine at St Luke's this month, which is a welcome change from three-times-a-week call that she had in OB last month. No more frozen TV dinners for me! (Which is too bad, because we have a GIGANTIC freezer just outside to store them in.)

Send a little heat our way, will you?

1 comment:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

We had warm for a half a day - and then it blew away, hopefully it reached you :0)