Sunday, March 30, 2008

MRI Scan

An interesting thing happened today. One of my patients was sent to the MRI scanner to check for a brain cancer. He had been having some mental status changes and had a history of lung cancer a few years back that was removed. We were looking for metastases of the original cancer. When we were looking through the slices of the MRI, instead of finding a mass, we saw this:

(Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy, I put the copy of his scan up on our fridge and took a picture of it. This is the best I could get)

Pretty amazing, huh?
Apparently, this patient is being taken care of by somebody other than us!

1 comment:

Mrs. Curtiss said...

Sarah,
I love your blog. Awesome pics. That IS a very interesting CT scan.

I had an interesting day. After school I came across one of our students passed out in the middle of the street after using inhalants. He was covered with blood from his face hitting the tar. Had to call his mother--not fun.
bye, love, Trice