Sunday, April 13, 2008

Snow day

Hi Friends!

Well, the blizzard of 2008 has come and gone. Everybody around us seemed to be "in a tizzy" about some gigantic blizzard that hit us last Friday. It was nuts! I stopped to buy gas on Thursday afternoon and the pump was empty! I have never had that happen. I had to go to the gas station down the street that was a penny more. Darnit. Well, despite all the terror, we loved our blizzard! It wasn't near the three and a half foot blizzard of last year....it dumped a measly 15 inches on us. HOWEVER, somebody at the weather service was scared of the seventy mile an hour winds or something, so EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED last Friday. Yup....including the University ( =MIKE OFF) and the CLINIC (= Sarah OFF)!!!! We spent the day at home making homemade chocolate pudding, popcorn, cookies, pot roast, you name it. The three of us braved the winds to let our friends' dog out and Julia did just fine in her sled (I don't have pictures of that...)

Anyways, we had a great weekend doing nothing but a little shopping, a little snow play, and a bunch of house-ish things. This has been the greatest blizzard event. I wish I could plan another one in a couple of weeks. Mike didn't even shovel since it's supposed to be forty degrees outside tomorrow.

I have had several people request details of the latest coming Sprengeler:
We are DUE on Memorial Day. That makes me 34 weeks.
We don't know what kind of Sprengeler we will be having.
So far, baby is fine, mom is fine, no issues other than my being sick at odd hours and ready to go to bed at 8pm with Julia.....
The baby bump makes a great place to put a root beer.
Julia says, "cut it out, mama!" (Ohhhh.....My little surgeon.....)
We have this old fashioned popcorn popper. Julia and I made some yesterday. She loved to crank the seeds around inside. She was displeased when I made her shut the cover during the popping. Remember when you were little and you wondered what would happen if *you* left the cover off the popcorn on the stove??? Ha! I knew you thought about that.
This is the pre-blizzard snow. We went for a puddle walk with our galoshes. For the current picture, just add a foot or so of snow. And take out the pine tree in the background. The storm blew over several trees in our neighborhood. (We didn't lose our gigantic white pine, thank goodness!)
Julia and her cool new shades. She is ready for bed, armed with Nukker and Snuggly.

4 comments:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Wow - I will NEVER live in Duluth - visit? yes, but only when it's nice and toasty. I still remember the craziness of walking with you to the med-school classes through a tunnel of snow on each side of us. Ugh! But hey - you got a fabulously fun day out of it, so that makes it all worth it! :0)

Bobbie said...

LOL! I remember drinking root beer all the way through my pregnancy as well - I just couldn't get enough of the stuff. Brice still laughs at me though because once I asked for root beer with Oreo's. I still don't think there is anything weird about that combo but he swears that was my one pregnancy craving. Glad to hear you all survived blizzard '08....our 10+ inches that were predicted turned out to be a dusting that was gone in a couple of hours.

Anonymous said...

yeah....our "blizzard" was about an inch of wet muck. Oh, to be back in Duluth. Oh well. I haven't seen you forever; it's fun to see your baby bump. :) I'm also glad to see Allie's not the only one that needs her "Papy" at bedtime!

Megan

Dave, Miriam, Josiah, Aria, and Thaddeus said...

Hey Mama Sprengeler! Looking good! That baby will be here SOON! Dave had a snow day on Friday, too, but I don't think we got as much as you did. Snow days are great, aren't they?? Thanks for sharing the fun pictures!!