Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More pictures of the Julia....

Last week was "two year old" picture day at JC Penney's. I was amazed...the photographer lady spent ten minutes with us and got some pretty impressive results. I can barely get Julia to look at the camera when we're at home. Miss Julia was really good for the first five minutes. She smiled and sat...model child. We had picked up a bouquet of fake flowers at a craft store before pictures and Julia was willing to hold them for us....until after she spotted a shabby stuffed Elmo in the back of the portrait studio. Instantly, Julia went from being the sweet little girl in the yellow dress to a little rat with pigtails...demanding ELMO!!!!! We had a little nuclear meltdown, complete with tears and pulling of the pigtails, until she was allowed to hold Elmo IN the pictures. (I could have chosen this time to enact some discipline, however, I confess that my chief mission was to Please The Toddler until the photo shoot was done....) Needless to say, Elmo got a few shots himself. At least Julia was willing to smirk out a smile after that. I guess when you have a two year old, you learn to roll with the punches.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I have added some to my screen saver at work.
Joy

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Hey - you got the pictures, and I have to say they are adorable. I can't believe you got that many shots - we are lucky to get two or three anymore....ah the joys of more than one (as you will soon know! :0)

Unknown said...

I like the one where Julia is sitting in the chair with Elmo in her lap. The splash of red is really cool!