Friday, July 4, 2008

Before the big road trip

When I turned on the digital camera this morning, it told me I had 55 pictures. Since the computer automatically cleans the pictures off the camera when I upload them, this means that I haven't blogged in awhile. So, here I am, catching y'all up to where we've been.

Our most recent endeavor involved lots o' driving in the minivan. But, before all of these adventures could begin, I had a day at home with the girls. Staying at home with your kids, as you all probably know, is a daunting task at times.

Here is a picture of Julia "feeding" baby mary. This is the only picture I have been able to get where the bottle is actually in Mary's mouth. Most of the other pictures involved milk being poured on Mary's chin, up her nose, or into her eyes or ears. In Julia's defense, she is always wanting to help out for a minute, and I try to take her up on her offers.... After the two hours that it takes us all to get ready in the morning, I try to do something with Julia. Mary is left behind to sleep. She is a couch baby. She hates her bassinet, her swing, her bouncy seat, the living room carpet, and even mom and dad's bed. Our couch, however, is the most acceptable thing on the planet to sleep on short of an infant-sized sleep number bed. It's very squishy...one of those pieces of furniture that you have to really work on to stand up from. It's actually Bung's couch in that he has been sleeping on it for years, Mary loves it and bung has agreed to share with her as long as he can have his own cushion.

Julia has rediscovered the amazement of the outdoor kiddie pool. This year, it's harder to keep water in it. She has two watering cans...

Here she is, dancing naked in the pool...



Since we were leaving for a road trip the day after I took these pictures, I decided to snap a photo of my beloved pansies....they will probably not look nearly this good when we return. (Unless the rabbits all disappear suddenly and it rains a couple of times...) Bung and Simon will not be outside to scare the little critters away. Poor, innocent pansies.....





No comments: