Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family is the best

This weekend, we made a quick trip to St. Cloud to spend some time with family. Saturday was a Riesgraf party, complete with a ton of food, the Twins on TV, seventeen simultaneous conversations, and generalized loudness. Always a blast. I love my family. I feel sorry for the new-comers.....

Sunday was more low-key. Church, a trip to the fabric store to buy halloween costume stuff, dinner, and a visit to Mike's grandparents.

Here are two of Mary and Julia's great-grandparents: Carl and Adeline, posing with the girls and Papa. Great Grandpa Roger and Gramma Beth with baby Mary
Gramma Beth is playing with a two-year-old like she was born for the job. (Gramma is wearing Julia's bear's outfit on her head...) Julia loves her gramma Beth, eventhough she is kind of a nut. I guess it takes one to know one. :)
Here's great Grandma Schwartz. Yes, these pics are out of order. Oh well...
Speaking of pictures being out of order, here is one of Julia in her bunny ears. She is holding a "prize" that I brought her from the hospital. The Similac man brought us these enormous pens. You can't even write with them they are so huge. I think they would be a great gift for a giant. Anybody out there know a nice giant who needs a pen? We have two....
Here's a snapshot of the Riesgraf side, all four generations.

....I just realized something: Mike LOOKS like a giant in this picture. I think we should have had him sit down. I assure you, he is not a giant. He doesn't even want the Similac pen....

2 comments:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

It's uncanny how much mary looks like her big sis, and I'm so jealous of all those people getting to snuggle her, she's growing so fast! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Regarding your comment "He doesn't even want the Similac pen...."

Seriously Sarah - I laughed so hard my side now hurts.

Always fun to see what you guys are up to. :)

-Tami