Monday, September 22, 2008

Signs of Fall

Ahhh...Fall is in the air. I have learned to love Fall. I used to hate it...because it meant I had to go back to school, which meant I had to start getting up early in the morning. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I am no longer in school, so there's no "classes starting" business about fall. So, now, I can just sit back and enjoy the lovely weather (cool, sunny, breezy) and the fall produce. I can't wait to have a mega garden of my own where I can grow my own mega squash and zucchini.

In the mean time, my hedge made of pie cherry bushes will have to do. Mike and Julia were kind enough to pick the cherries for me while I was on call. Now all I have to do is figure out how to pit them and we will have a TON of cherry jelly! Hooray! Any ideas?
Here are some random photos of us over the weekend.
Here is Mary, taking her morning nap, and along came a Bunger and slept beside her. I think he likes his new sleeping buddy. Now all we have to do is teach him to fetch a clean diaper.
We went to Fall Fest over the weekend at a park near our house. Julia picked out a pumpkin and we browsed the crafters, etc. Grandma Ruth was visiting, she bought us a big fried onion thing that was bigger than my head. mmmmm...it was reminiscent of the state fair.

Mary got the chance to hold the pumpkin, too.
When the day grew cool, Papa got creative...he dug out a sweater that I had bought for Julia and put it on Mary. she looked ridiculous, but toasty warm. I kind of wish I could wear an enormous sweater on cold days. People might think I was smoking something if I tried it....
Julia loved the merry-go-round. There were a million other kids at the park, and she was the littlest one to brave the merry go round....there were a bunch of boys that were pushing it at mach-3. Instead of being scared, Julia grinned and begged for more. One kid flew off laterally and landed about ten feet away. Good thing they put some new sand in around it...
Here is Mary, ready for church. She *hates* the car seat.
Mary has been trying out her Johnny Jump-up and LOVING it. She posed for a quick pose before resuming her jumping and twirling around.

1 comment:

Mary Metzger said...

PUMPKINS!!! I MISS PUMPKINS!! I've only been in Texas a few days, but I started realizing that I left right at apple/pumpkin season. When it's 90 out, trees don't like to change colors, go figure... plus I don't think palm trees loose leaves.

By the way, I'll stay away from the trees. There was a report from 1984 that you're more likely to die from a coconut falling on your head than from a shark.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2405/are-150-people-killed-each-year-by-falling-coconuts