Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Smile, girls!

Getting cute kid moments on "film" is difficult. For one, I never seem to know where the camera is. Secondly, the thing seems to go through batteries like I go through stethescopes (gone before you know it...) AND, to catch the kids in a cute moment means they have to stay cute long enough for you to find the camera and take a picture of the cuteness. Needless to say, I take what I can get...

Julia tries on her jammies from Gramma Ruth. She looks like a surgical scrub tech! Last year, she refused to wear the hat.
This one made me laugh. Papa gave Julia a lemon dessert. He then left her in the kitchen to eat it. A few minutes later when he came back downstairs, Julia commented, "it's too sour, papa." Sure enough, she had remedied the situation: observe exhibit A. The purple bowl has some remnants of yellow dessert, but it is severely obscured by the TON of sugar the toddler put on it.

and I had just refilled the sugar thing. Mmmmmm...carbs...




Below is my attempt at a Christmas card photo. This is why we have JC Penney take our pics. The girls don't look smiling aliens in the professional pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do love your kids! There is so much PERSONALITY in those little faces. :)
Trice

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Aawww, I love the pics! I personally would've loved to get a Christmas card with little aliens on it :0)