Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cherry picking

Julia is helping harvest the cherries! First, she spots one and plucks it off the bush...
Then it's brought to Mommy (see it in her left hand.)
OK mom, here you go!


WAIT! First I must slime it up! See the trail of slime coming from my mouth to the cherry?
Add ImageMMMM....I guess I"ll just eat it instead of giving it to you.

The baby and the daisies
Cruisin around in the front yard.

In this random picture, Julia is wearing regular clothes, a swim cover-up, and her hat.

When we moved into our house a few years ago, I vowed that we would have a hedge. The alley runs behind and next to our house in a diagonal fashion, so a hedge keeps us out of the alley. I planted a bunch of Nanking Cherry bushes, which make these little bush pie cherries. They are kind of tart to eat but make a great jelly.
I took Julia outside to help me pick them. To my surprise, she was a great help! Right away she understood that you need to pick the little red balls off the bushes and put them into the bucket. I think she picked more than I did! The only problem was after she tasted one and liked it. After that, only about a third of the cherries she picked ended up in the bucket. The rest ended up in her mouth!

No comments: