Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend in Alexandria

The water park at arrowwood. Pretty cool.
Mommy and Julia on our little shopping adventure. She picked out a "shoe"...but didn't realize it was just a cardboard insert. Maybe she's starting a new trend!
Julia helped us pack the car.
A grumpy girl on the bed on Sunday morning. We didn't want to leave, either!
Julia really enjoyed the water park. I didn't take many pictures because we were having fun and it was wet....everywhere!


Mommies need cocktails once in awhile. This one was sooooo good that I had two of them. Julia had a kids meal that came on a frisbee as a plate. We were playing "fetch" with her that night. She is a pretty good retriever!
Taking time to pose with grandpa. Julia is scowling because the sun is in her eyes, not because she doesn't want grandpa holding her...

Wow! We just got back from a fun weekend. I was asked to speak at a conference in Alexandria, and the organization offered us a free trip out there and two nights at a nice resort...so we took the offer! The presentation went REALLY well, and Mike, Julia, and I had a wonderful time. Grandpa Noel came to my talk and then stayed the weekend to have fun with us.

The resort (Arrowwood I think) had two pools and then a huge indoor water park to play in. They also had a nice outdoor tiki bar that served great burgers and cocktails where you couldn't even taste any alcohol. mmmmm.

Julia has been learning two or three new words each day. She never ceases to amaze us. This morning I asked her if she was "hungry in her tummy" and she replied, "Ketchup." Ha ha ha!

On the way back home to Duluth, we spent a few hours in Crossroads Mall visiting grandmas Ruth and Beth. Now is a great time to shop as everything is on sale.

Now it's back to the grindstone with us. Mike goes back to the pharmacy tomorrow, I"m on call Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday this week...and my next day off is in August. I will pay for the fun times we had....but I"m sure it was worth it.

No comments: