Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lutsen

A picture Mike took that I think should be put on a postcard.


Last weekend, the residency program sent us up the north shore to Lutsen for a little R&R. It snowed seventeen inches while we were there!!! Unfortunately, I left the camera in the car and didn't know that frozen batteries don't work very well. We did manage to snap a few pictures on the last day. Julia was a hit. The first night we were there, she perfected "table dancing," where she danced to Nintendo music upon the coffee table for all to see. Sorry all I can give you is a mental picture of that one. The next day, we took Julia and her little buddy, Asa, sledding. (Asa is the son of one of my fellow residents and he is two days younger than Julia.) Since there weren't any sledding hills, we took to the slopes with our sleds. Nobody seemed to mind, all we needed to do was try and stay away from the snowboarders and downhill skiers. With all the fresh snow, I must say that it was a very successful sledding adventure. Asa and I wiped out once, and Julia, upon witnessing the event, promptly melted down. She screamed bloody murder and cried hysterically until I came and proved to her that I wasn't broken. I swear, she is obsessed with people getting injured and worries about me and my clumsy state.

Here are a few photos for you:

Lutsen Mountain, the view from our condo:Julia, all ready to go outside. She reminds me of that kid from "A Christmas Story" after his mom bundled him all up. She did topple over a few times and needed assistance. I think she looks a bit alarmed that her hands have turned into little knobs....
Julia dances to some nintendo music. As I blog, I just happened to notice that she has something pointy and metallic in her left hand. How that child has not managed to end up in the E.R. again is beyond me.....

3 comments:

Dave, Miriam, Josiah, Aria, and Thaddeus said...

Thanks for the blog update! It's funny how all kids remind us of Randy when they're all bundled up. Haha. Julia sounds like a blast; what a fun, funny girl. Hope the pregnancy is going well!

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Loving the crazy metal objects in hand :0) we found a steak knife on Rachel's exersaucer the other day. ugh! Crazy kids! (I don't think she was using it anymore at the time, they just don't seem interested once they can move around on their own) If you are bored, come help me play mice-hockey ~ i still can't find it, but I carry a hammer around all day and everytime I open something I'm ready to strike!

Annie said...

little smalls. I am going to come and dance with you.
That is a cool picture that mike took... but it doesn't look to happy. Like it wouldn't be something to put on a card that you open it up and it says , HAPPY BIRTHDAY! actually, tha would be really funny.
it'd be more like a 'sorry for your aunt's death' card.