Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pages in the album

This morning I was given the job of amusing you all with my creative witticisms. OK, Sarah actually said "Will you blog today, please?" and because I was half-asleep and not thinking clearly, I said yes. (Not that I think this is a chore - just not feeling particularly inspired this evening.)

Now it is ten to eleven (that's P.M.) and I'm just remembering this little task. And realizing, dear reader, that I do not have any new pictures to share with you, mostly because the camera is in the car that is parked in the physician lot at St Mary's.

And speaking of cars. Here's the lowdown on that one: the local Queen of Wheeling and Dealing (Sarah) managed to snag us an almost-new, four-wheel-drive Toyota Sienna minivan for under 20 grand. This is a big step for us, but one that had to happen before baby #2 arrives come end of May. The Concorde is sold, gone, out of the picture (it was very good to us, but had a limited future and utility in a two-child, one-dog, one-cat family). And this new vehicle is so huge and boatlike compared to our little CR-V that I have unofficially dubbed it the Enterprise (Sarah doesn't know this yet). The only thing I dislike about it is the color: it's that boring beige/sand/tan color that allows the eyes to slide right over it and leave it unnoticed in a row of more exciting vehicles.

Backing up. Since I have no new photos to share with you, here is a selection of my more favorite old ones, dredged up from the bottom of the file folder. Enjoy.


Halloween 2006: Vampire Julia, complete with red glowing eyes.


State Fair 2006. The look on J's face always gets me in this one!


Christmastime 2006: With Grandpa Noel and Grandma Deb.


January, 2007. Julia's first face-forward car ride. She was very pleased with us that day.



August, 2006. In our little apartment in Fridley (courtesy Aunt Norma) while Sarah was doing rotations at HCMC.


Sarah's gonna kill me for this one.


No comments: