Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grandma Mitzi

Well, we're in Michigan, now. The packing is done. The last few boxes were labeled, 'random crap' (thanks for the help, Jessi...). The truck came, the men picked up our stuff, they smoked a bunch, and then they finished the job. They drove it out here and met us a week ago today. More men came and put the boxes in our house. And for the last week, we've been unpacking like fiends. There is cardboard everywhere and I have been wearing pajama pants because the seventeen boxes in my room have yet to be unpacked, and only one or two contains clothing that fits me in this glorious post-partum perioid.

Moving is the second least-fun thing I have ever done. The least fun I've ever had?

Hands down, missing Grandma Mitzi's funeral.

I knew that moving out here would mean fewer trips to Minnesota and I would have to make the most of my family time during the three or four weeks I have off. But I didn't anticipate needing to come back home less than a week after I left. Turns out that Grandma passed away last Friday and the funeral is tomorrow...and I can't get out of tomorrow's day of orientation because it's all the stuff on Labor and Delivery. Sad. I hope everything goes well and I miss you, family! Grandma, I know you would understand. You'd probably yell at me someday if I skipped an important day of orientation and spent $500 to come home for your funeral. Yes...I'm pretty sure you'da yelled. Good thing you taught me well!

Love you and miss you, Grandma Mitzi!


I'll see you on the other side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm so sorry. I wish I were there to give you a hug and talk.
Love you! Megan

Mary M said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, Sarah!

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Oh, that sucks, sorry that you missed the funeral. Hope you are enjoying MI and orientation. Miss you!