Sunday, March 25, 2007

Happy baby II

"Mommy, can Psymuhn come in?
Happy as a clam...
Playing with daddy's delicious shoes!
"why are you looking at me?"

Mommy, look at that cute baby in the mirror!


Hi friends and family,

We've had a fun last couple of days. Since I don't have to move for residency and most of our friends do, we get to be the "hotel" for folks coming up here to look at houses and apartments. That gives us an excuse to party a little! We bought some beers and made margaritas and played games on Friday night. Turned out to be a fun time! Julia went to bed at 8:30, so the drinks came out at about 8:35. It is so nice to have friends moving back up to Duluth. We are really excited for the next three years.
Julia is talking more and more. She is at the stage where we can understand her and everyone else asks us for a translation. Lately, she is saying consanants without vowel sounds. For example, she has learned to say "fish" and "cheese," but they just come out "fshhhh" and "chzzz" (I wish you could hear me impersonate her...)
Today in church the little girl was acting like she was on speed. She would NOT sit to save her life. She visited many people and tried to crawl up the center aisle. AFter communion, however, she decided to pay attention. She wouldn't sit on my lap, but she would sit on the floor in the middle of the aisle and watch Pastor very intently. Watching her pay attention to Pastor Franck was hilarious. She was watching him very seriously. I had to keep a close eye on her, though. I have this recurring nightmare that Julia crawls away from us and climbs aboard the organ pedals while it is on during a church service.....
Today's pictures are a compilation from the last three days. Sorry I haven't blogged. I slapped myself on the wrist and we'll try our darndest to keep up on that new year's resolution of blogging on a daily basis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I haven't talked to you in a while. I love staying up to date on all the Julia happenings, though.
Congratulations on all the wonderful med school news! Give me a call sometime: for some reason I have someone else number saved under your name on my phone!
Love you lots,
Uncle David

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael & Sarah!

Andy and I received your letter and are working on a reply... it's this last week of pregnancy thing that is holding me up. We're scheduled for a c-section on monday so we'll send pictures as soon as we can!

BTW, we really enjoy your blog. It almost feels like we can watch Julia grow up.

Jenny