Friday, March 16, 2007

Yahoo!

Hi everybody! Sorry we haven't posted much this week. We've been really busy.

We drove down to the twin cities at the crack of dawn on Wednesday to go to the "match day" retreat and then stayed over with aunt Jenny to go to the match day ceremony on Thursday. Match day is the ritual that all med students go through where they find out what residency program accepted them. I had many classmates who weren't sure which specialty they would match into or where on earth they would end up. Some were sent to the Maine, Washington, and everywhere inbetween. I was really excited to open my envelope. It read: "Congratulations, you have matched!

"Duluth Graduate Medical Education Council"

Yahoo!

Duluth is where I wanted to go, and the program is just great. Besides having a house up in Duluth already, I think the family medicine program is as good as they come. They will even teach me how to do c-sections! The best news is, however, that there are five of my favorite classmates who will be joining me up there! I was pretty shocked to see that my co-residents will be primarily from Duluth's med school. What a great day.

Thursday night, Julia went to stay with grandma Ruth, and Mike and I went to this fancy party at the Calhoun Beach Club. It was the first (and probably only) time we used valet parking. Psymuhn was in the backseat and scared the willies out of the valet man.

We had a great time at the party. My wine glass lit up with a little blue light that was implanted in the bottom! Mike was excited for the endless appetizers and desserts. (We almost made the mistake of eating an interesting black and white dip thing. I thought it was oreo cookies...and it turned out to be caviar...) I talked nonstop to my classmates for three hours. It was so great to hear where everyone will be going and what they'll be doing. When we got home at 1am, we were so exhausted that we didn't even brush our teeth. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you. Thanks for sharing your happy news.

Sarah said...

Thanks Marcie and Joy! We're excited. Thanks for checking out the blog!

Sarah