Sunday, May 25, 2008

...baby still baking...sigh

Hi everybody,
Reading through the baby pool commentaries was a delight! Thanks for your input. Being a nerd, I though of doing a statistical analysis on dates, sex, and most importantly, weight....but I guess I'll skip that. At this point, we'd like a baby. One baby, preferably one with a medium-sized head, and Mike would prefer that he or she be born in a hospital. (I don't plan to labor long in the hospital...I'd rather be home where I don't have to be hooked up to monitors and eating Jello. I know, I am a terrible patient.....) Just in case, I told Mike that you don't have to cut the cord right when the baby comes out. He has no desire to do that. :)

We've been playing outside a lot lately. In the last two days, I dug up and re-planted the flower bed along the front walk, potted seventeen plants, and dug up (rescued) some perennials that seeded into our lawn. I try and bend over/squat as much as possible. Unfortunately, it is raining, so I can't do that today. Never fear, Mike had a better idea. When we got home from church today, we put Julia to bed and Mike put on a CD...
"Wanna Dance?" He said.
"Uh...sure...I said." (I was thinking of a waltz or something since we took those ballroom dancing classes five years ago)
Two seconds later, I was inundated with a familiar accordion melody, complete with the vocalizations of poultry-types........
Yes, Mike had put on the Chicken Dance. And yes, we danced it...in the living room. And yes, I squatted all the way down to the floor every time. It became very challenging when the tempo went up at the end. I just tried to get back up from the latest squat before I had to do it again.

....I have been contracting every once in awhile ever since. I guess it's time for dancing again.

Sarah

2 comments:

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Okay you've got 1 hour and 17 minutes to get in my prediction - we'll pray that chicken dance gets that baby moving!

Anonymous said...

Hurry, baby!