Saturday, May 31, 2008

...whew.

I have the pleasure to announce to all of you out there in blogland that Mary Sarah Jayne Sprengeler was born Friday, May 30th at 2:37 AM. For those of you keeping score at home, that's actually only 4 days overdue. However, she somehow managed to weigh over a pound more than the J did when she was born, at 8 pounds 14. Luckily she's long and skinny, just like her older sister. I think Sarah said 20.7 inches. My favorite part: she has big long monkey-feet, just like me. Mother and daughter are well.
Now the females and males at our house are equally matched - too bad the other two members of my team are Simon and Bung, the neutered wonders.
I would be posting pictures with this, except my baby-induced sleeplessness has caused me to leave the camera at the hospital. (I really can't complain - Sarah's been getting a lot less sleep than I have the last two days. I suspect that that will change.) If the past repeats itself, we'll probably get around to posting some pictures by the time Mary's 9 months or so.
There are a couple of funny side notes that go along with this labor and delivery story. One involves a lawnmower and someone who has not mowed a lawn for 13 years. The other one involves no epidural or pain meds and the most hardcore cheapskate you'll ever meet. I'll leave you to ponder who the main character is in both those stories. You'll get the lowdown later when Sarah comes home from the hospital.

7 comments:

Deer Laker said...

Congratulations!

Fascinating that she was born on traditional Memorial Day. Maybe she didn't get the memo about the calendar change.

Mary Metzger said...

So, did you really name her after a blogger? I noticed there was another Mary closer in answers than mine, but still, Mary is an excellent name! :)

Congratulations to you 4!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations, Sprengeler family! :)

Bobbie said...

Wow! Sarah is a trooper for not using any pain meds....I still can't fathom how tough that is so kudos to her! Give the new Mary a great big hug for us and congrats on the new addition. We can't wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation’s Sarah, Mike and Julia, a new baby girl! There’s nothing as sweet as a new squeaky baby. I can hardly wait to get a hold of her and will gladly wait in line to do so. You are a blessed household and I love you all. This little baby, Mary doesn’t know it yet but she won the biggest prize of all, YOU.

Michael, Aimee, Micah and Taryn said...

Congratulations Springlers! Welcome to the no pain killer club! That was me with Micah and probably new baby, too. I couldn't have them because of my poles...what's your excuse? Way to keep the girl power going...we're having a girl, too but I still have 8 weeks to go...I have to say I'm a little jealous! I can't wait to see Julie with her baby sister or "baby sticker" as Micah says it.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Sarah and Mike! I can't wait to see pictures of Mary. Well, I was off on the date and the sex, but only 1/2 an ounce off on the weight :) (That was Allie's size, I think.) No epidural or pain meds?? Good on ya - crazy girl!! :P

BTW - Allie thinks it's good that "Dooya" has a baby sister; if she were older, she probably would have gone, "hint,hint..."

Love you guys; we're thinking of you!

Megan