Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Canal Park

Yesterday, I picked up Julia from daycare early.....and we went to Canal Park. I brought along all of the half-eaten bags of carbohydrates that have been sitting in our cupboard for months (chips, crackers, cheetos...etc) and Julia got to feed the birds! I remember taking her here last spring and she hadn't grasped the concept of throwing yet. (It was more like dropping the bread). Well, this year, she chucked chips and ritz crackers at the gulls....and wasn't even afraid when they dive-bombed her. I think we will be back soon, I just found a soggy package of saltines.
My little swimmer asked if she could go in the lake. Mind you, it's about 37 degrees and there was a sharp cold wind off the lake....but she didn't care. I speculated that she was trying out the lake for some spring wading, so I sort of looked in the other direction for a brief moment. Honestly, I never saw her step in, I swear. I did hear a suspicious shriek of joy, though. Papa couldn't understand why we had wet pants and shoes when we got home.....I guess I have no idea. Good thing Lake Superior doesn't smell like dead fish.

No comments: