Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Five years ago, Mike and I set a trend. (We have never been the cool ones, mind you...band nerds, science geeks yes....not cool enough to be trendsetters.) Anyways, we went and got married...on a rainy Friday afternoon in June, the longest day of the year. We were the first amongst friends to take the plunge and we're so glad that we did! We celebrated with dinner at the Pickwick restaurant and a walk on the Lakewalk. Beautiful night!

Happy anniversary to Dave and Miriam...four years today! You sure picked a nice date to get married on. Also a nice date to have your first child on.... :)

Mike, Julia, and I all had interesting days, even though we weren't together.

Mike went to a bunch of meetings at the pharmacy. He learned that it's illegal to ask any prospective employees about any sort of criminal history they've had. I thought that was dumb. He also noticed a very important drug error: sertraline (Zoloft..an antidepressant) and tramadol (ultram...a pain medicine) taking these two drugs can cause "serotonin syndrome" which is bad news. He could have saved a life! yay for husband!

I spent the day learning ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) and practicing intubating, CPR-ing, and giving iv meds to mannequins. Which brings me to my next question: camp people....WHO was it that came up with the mantra during the "shark song" that goes, "C...P....R do do....do doo da do...." ???? I am a bit embarrassed and also a bit proud to say that whenever I am giving CPR, I sing that little number in the back of my head. It helps keep the rhythm. OK...now don't ever tell that to a patient. I can just see it now, "Doctor sings shark song during resuscitation and victim ends up "going to heaven." (...if you remember right....after the CPR part, the next verse is "going to heaven do do....dooo doo...da do"; not "patient's breathing doo doo....doo doo da do.") woe is me.

Julia had a fun day as well. Auntie Annie took her to the lake walk, then to the beach, then to the dairy queen. This evening, she attended Dan's softball game while we were out to dinner, and it was the first time Dan's team won their game! Julia cheered....and also stole some chips from a seven year old. She is a brave soul.

Well, that was our day. I hope yours fun, too.....until tomorrow,
Sprengeler clan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I'm glad you had a nice night with Mike. And way to go, Mike, on catching that error!

Well, I finished ACLS yesterday. Today and tomorrow - yes 2 full days - are being spend on EMR training. yippee

Megan