Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Julia says "bird"




This evening, we had a picnic supper on the beach at Park Point (that's Lake Superior) with a few of my new colleagues. After we ate, Julia took off walking at baby mach-III toward a seagull across the field shouting "brrrr brrrr brrrr!" It was amazing. I didn't know she knew the word "bird," but apparently she knows what a bird is and chose tonight to tell us about it. She was also determined to catch it and wandered a hundred or so yards away before we went and grabbed her. (Can anybody say "independent?") The seagull just kept walking away from her and leading Julia astray. It was pretty funny. We eventually had to hunt her down when we realized that she wasn't planning on coming back until she got the birdie for herself.

Later on, I sacrificed a hot dog bun and fed a flock of seagulls. Julia shrieked with delight as they dive-bombed me for the bread chunks. Mike calls them "rats with wings." I think they are cute. Julia wants to pet them. I guess we will be going back to the beach in the future!

As I look at the pictures, you can barely see Julia in them. I guess you can tell how far away she really was. Click on them to see her cute little seagull strut.

No comments: