Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A huge beautiful green moth thing



Do we have an entomologist in the crowd?

Annie, Julia, and I were driving through the coffee place yesterday, and there was this green creature sitting right on the drive-through window. At first, I thought it was a decoration. It looked like a green butterfly with yellow horns. It was huge! More than four inches in length and about that wide, too. You can see how big it is comparing it to the coffee lady's arm in the picture.

Suddenly, it moved! It stretched its wings and adjusted its position on the window. When I realized it was a bug, I was terrified at first (I HATE bugs) but it was too beautiful to be scared of. Anybody know what kind of bug this thing is? Five brownie points for the right answer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the new Shrek 3 moth released about a month ago. Fast food chains around the country can't keep there inventory stocked, these moths are hatching like hotcakes.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I think it is the Luna Moth.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I think it is the Luna Moth.